We are in need of Board members, snack shack committee members, coaches, team parents, and sponsors. Yes, some of the activities will take a lot of your time and others not as much. Just remember who is benefiting from your efforts. Where would almost 1,500 children be on the weekends without soccer?
Contact any of the Board members for more information. The Plainedge Soccer Club is a growing organization. The Program runs year round.
In addition to teaching the game of soccer and the promotion of good sportsmanship, there are countless duties that must be performed to keep the Club alive.
Listed below is a brief list of duties that our volunteers complete each year:
* Interface with local town officials for the use of Town and School property.
* Interface with the LIJSL
* Create and administer Club by-laws that promote the Club's ideals
* Participate in monthly Board meetings
* Ensure that there is adequate field space to accommodate all travel & intramural teams
* Based on registrations, create equitable teams & provide coaches for each
* Ensure that all fields are playable each week, i.e. repair and line fields, repair goals, have grass cut, provide parking, telephone, referees
* Provide for player, coach and referee development through classes and camps
* Train & assign in-house and certified refs
* Purchase supplies, equipment, e.g. uniforms, balls, paint/lime, goals, etc.
* Create practice & game schedules (may require coordination with other towns and/or organizations)
* Register all players in the Club and in the LIJSL including additional duties for travel
* Purchase liability and accident insurance
* Conduct travel and tournament team tryouts
* Arrange for indoor soccer facilities
* Finance 1 tournament for travel teams in exchange for volunteerism
* Coordinate fund-raisers
* Host an annual tournament to generate funds
* Maintain the PSC website
* Find sponsors and advertisers
* Issue a quarterly Club-wide newsletter
* Provide for Club finances, i.e. maintain a checking account & long-term savings. Ensure all bills are paid on time
* Coordinate special activities, i.e. Opening Day Parade, Year End Festivals, Chris Jacobsen Memorial Cup, Picture Day, Soccer Camp, etc.
* Create, operate and maintain a profitable concession stand.
We know we have neglected to mention many other duties, but I'm sure you get the point. Ask yourself, "Who does all this work?" Answer: the Board of Directors, the coaches and a handful of volunteers.